Monday 28 February 2011

10.30am. So I just got back to work after the half term holidays (enjoyed a great week skiing), and sure enough it appears that all hell has broken lose since I have been away. Glancing at the 'ICT Support Dashboard' as I walk in I see a plethora of "cannot print" tickets.

A quick glance at the primary print server shows me the problem; there was no space left on the Windows partition, a quick clear up, and restarting the print spooler fixes that problem. Note to self: need to get a good networking monitoring software application installed to catch these problems before they arise.

Walking out of the office I am stopped by the Reception staff who tell me the phone answer phone system has stopped working; quick reboot of the telephony server and we're back in action. Not a lot I can do about this, the software is written by a small company who consider "reboot the server" as the fix for all their software's problems.

Now its time to check the weekly backup ran and tackle the 3 4 malware infested laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment